|Assembly & Care
|What common dimensions are there for Waterfords - threading, bolts etc.?
Waterford has settled on a number of standard dimensions that let you buy common nuts and bolts to attach parts to your frame:
- Bottom bracket: BSA (English) threading (1.370 x 24 TPI). Our bottom bracket is 68mm wide except for off-road designs after 2003, which typically have a 73mm width.
- Bottom bracket cable guide hole: : M5 x 0.8
- Canty brake arch: M6 x 1.0
- Canty stud: M6 x 1.0
- Crown Race Diameter: 1 inch steerer- 26.4mm; 1 1/8 inch - 30mm.
- Downtube shifter bosses: M5 x 0.8
- Dropout eyelets: M5 x 0.8
- Derailleur tab: M10 x 1.0
- Fork threading: 1 inch x 24 TPI
- Front derailleur clamp size: 28.6mm
- Front derailleur braze-on range: Braze-on front derailleur locations vary by:
Once the number of teeth are specified, there is typically only a 1-2 tooth range within which you will get a proper fit-up.
- The number of teeth on the llarge chainring.
- The vendor (Shimano vs. Campagnolo vs. SRAM
- The number of chainrings (double vs. triple)
- Head tube shifter guides: M5 x 0.8
- Rack Mounts: : M5 x 0.8
- Rear dropout spacing: This can specified by order, but here some typical values:
- Road bikes: 130mm
- Off-Road: 135mm
- Touring: Usually 135mm
- Disc brake bikes: 135mm
- Seat lug: M6 x 1.0 x 18mm (long). Our seatclamp bolts are stainless steel.
- Water bottle bosses: : M5 x 0.8