With Waterford, you don’t choose your bike, you choose what you want in your dream bike and we deliver, using up-to-date design and flexible fabrication systems. We make it simple by using the four F’s of bike design:
- Function – What does your new bike need to accomplish for you. This has to do with wheel, brake, drive train, cockpit (handlebar/seat/stem), fender, load carrying, lights, accessories and other choices.
- Fit – This is how you will fit your bike.
- Feel – This is how the bike will handle and connect with the terrain.
- Finish – This is how the bike will look.
In some cases, like road racing, the function is already well defined. In others, like touring, there may be many nuances that tie to the range of riding you want to enjoy on your Waterford.
The for F’s lets you determine what you really want out of your new Waterford.
How does the bike need to perform? Where will you ride? What components would you like to use? How much of a load will you want to carry?
How does your body need to interface with the bike? This typically begins with surveying your existing ride and taking skeletal measurements.
Here we provide the opportunity to fine tune your ride. How do you want your Waterford to handle? How stiff or compliant do you want your bike to feel?
How do you want your bike to look?
Our Order Form and Order Guide help you walk through the process. We recommend collaborating and ordering through your local Waterford dealer. A dealer provides many important services that lead to and result in a great bike and buying experience, including:
- Component Selection
- On-going Maintenance and Support